[ExchangeList] Re: Performing an off-line defrag

  • From: "Allen, Christine" <Christine.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:18:41 -0400

Thanks.

  _____

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Praveen Ramaswamy
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 7:23 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: Performing an off-line defrag

I just used move mailbox option in exchange task wizard. By doing so my
database size reduced to 9Gb from 28 GB

Offline defrag terminated automaticaly with this error
"1108_errInTransaction_operation_not_allowed_within_a_transaction" not sure
why. I tried search for solution but could not find relavent info. I was
running out of time so i choose to move the mailbox insted.

Regards
Praveen R

"Allen, Christine" <Christine.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Interesting idea.  Did you use exmerge or just migrate them with the GUI?

  _____