RE: Partially fill in OWA login information? Possible?

  • From: "Paul Deen" <pdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:20:44 -0500

 I have followed this article in the past with no success. For one
thing, the HTTP Virtual Directories it mentions, when accessing them
through ESM the fields are all grayed out. But the fields are setup
exactly as stated in the article, (only Basic with \ ).

In IIS6, on the Directory Security Tab, then under the Authentication
Method section, I have only 'Basic' checked with the default domain of \

My users still have to type in domain\username or username@xxxxxxxxxx

If I enable 'Integrated Authentication' in IIS (as was setup by default
when I installed Exch2K3) then if my users type in just their username
and password with no domain, they get in to the OWA, but when they click
on 'Logoff' it will prompt them for their username/password again, and
then if they only enter their username/password with no domain name it
errors out. So they never successfully 'logoff', which seems to me to be
a security risk. So that is why I unchecked the Integrated box, so it
will force them to type in their domain name so that it wont error when
they try to logoff OWA.

But, my bosses want to be able to successfully just type in their
username/password only once with no domain name.

I only have one Domain and one Exchange server, but we have a split DNS.
External DNS name is hosted by our ISP and we host our own internal DNS.
Is this part of the problem?

Anyone else experiencing this problem? What am I missing here? This has
been plaguing us for several months now.