RE: POP3 email retrieval

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:20:53 -0700

The gateway server can be configured to forward messages to your server, or
your server can retrieve from the gateway server. However, with Exchange, it
has been shown that it is more reliable to have the gateway server forward
to yours. Plus, using a gateway server, you can benefit from such things as
multiple public MX records, Virus Scanning, Spam scanning, and obscurity.

I do provide e-mail gateway services, and am doing so for a number of
clients, although I do not have the information on the website yet. I can
also gather a small list of fellow e-mail admins that I work with that also
provide this service. Contact me off list for more information.

Disclaimer, my responses to posts are not meant as a solicitation of
business. Two of my clients that I provide gateway service for have Exchange
servers that I provide support and Maintenance for. Therefore, my primary
reason for being on here is to learn more about Exchange, and for a place to
turn when I have questions. However, gateway services do provide a value
added service depending on the size of the company.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

eServices For You