RE: POP3 email retrieval

  • From: "Stelley, Doug" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:09:35 -0400

    I'll try as best I can. Our site also uses MailEssentials, but when
we used the Pop aspect of it we pulled in around 150 boxes. Now we host
our own mail, se we have no need for that anymore.
    you need only set up essentials on one server if done right. It will
go out to each pop box, and pull it into exchange for you. Essentials
will deliver the mail via SMTP to the Exchange server, where it will be
processed and if needed, sent to a different servers stores. Question,
are thes servers in one domain, or seperate domains?

    Without altering your MX records, you will set up essentials for
each user, their Server,account name & password and an alternate adx.
That alternate adx is the Exchange adx for that user. As long as mail
can flow within your exchange domain to each server then mail will go
properly.
    The spam aspect will work, because the mail will be processed before
it's routed.

I don't know about catchalls, we don't use them.

Doug Stelley
Asst. Network Admin.
Olean General Hospital
(716)375-7320

Knowing others is Wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. - LaoTzu