POP3 and Exchange

  • From: Troy Griffiths <tgriffiths@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:30:20 +1200

Hi,

I am having an issue where we need to use a POP3 connection (on
Win98/Outlook Express) to the Exchange 5.5 server (WinNT4.0) to send and
receive email for one particular email address(user).

I have setup:
NTUser
Mailbox (with the same mailbox name as the NT User)
Ensured that the POP3 Protocol is enabled on Exchange
Ensured that the appropriate authentication methods are ticked in Exchange
Email Account on Outlook Express with the appropriate user details and
passwords.

When starting Outlook Express it opens and then prompts for user
credentials. I have confirmed everything over and over again - yet can't
find anything wrong. It just will not accept the credentials and log the
user on to the mailbox.

I have searched through various whitepapers on Microsoft however have not
found anything marginally helpful.

If anyone can post any assistance on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Troy

Disclaimer:
The information in this electronic mail message together with any
attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this Internet electronic mail message by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Linfox accepts no responsibility for any effects this email message or
attachments has on the recipient network or computer system.