POP3 Hassles

  • From: "Watkins, Richard (DTF)" <Watkins.Richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:15:06 +0930

Hi All,

I am currently using a 3rd party utility to download mail from a POP3
account...with an email address like...me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx great.

But when I email external recipients the "From" address reflects my
local domain...eg: me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx current setup does not
allow those recipients to reply because "mydomain.local" is only valid
on my local network...however it does work well for internal mail.

How do I get the "From" address to change for any mail that will be
sent to external recipients?...or is there another way?...any help will
be appreciated.

P.S. Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 and 2002.

Richard Watkins