POP mail Problem

  • From: Lloyd Williams <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:58:06 -0400

I am having the following problem getting POP mail to work on my system.
When users try to authenticate thru POP mail they get an error message that
says a require privilege is missing from the client. The system is exchange
5.5 running on windows 2000 which is part of an active directory Domain as a
member server. Microsoft's knowledge base says this is because the service
account does not have the "act a part of the operating system" right.
However I have gone into both the local security setting and also "Active
directory users and computer" and set this right. BTW My service account is
the administrator account. Has anybody else had this problem

Lloyd