POP before SMTP

  • From: "Monica Raicea" <raiceam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:36:01 +0900

I am receiving emails through POP3 account without any problems.
When I am trying to send email to the same SMTP server as POP3 server, I
receive a window which asks me the password and domain name.
I am connecting to the mail account on a Exchange Server 2000 from my
company by using a ISP local number and a dial-up connection.
If I input the password again, the email is sent.
How can I disable this window to not appear every time when I am trying
send emails?
When I press send and receive button I think Outlook Express 6 is trying
send and after that to receive. That's why is trying to authenticate me
first for sending.
I completed the steps for Incoming Mail Server to login with my account
my password (with remember password) and for Outgoing Mail Server to
also with my account and my password (with remember password). I checked
option My Outgoing Mail Server require Authentication.

Why do I still receive that window for password and domain name?

Thank you,

Is this the answer to my question?

With the POP before SMTP method, the user must first identify
himself/herself as a rightful user by first receiving incoming E-mail
mail software. Then, only the rightful user will obtain authentication
send E-mail.

Do I have to disable on Send page , Send messages immediately?
Thank you.