[ExchangeList] Out-of-Office to Internet - On or Off?

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <Ray.Dzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:58:27 -0700

Hello Exchange Admins!
The itch I can't seem to scratch of the day is...
Do we enable Out-Of-Office replies to go out to the internet?  Is there
a general consensus on this?  What are the major drawbacks if any?  I
know anytime I post to one these lists I get at least 10 OOO messages.
Marketing and Engineering want it enabled.  Frankly, I don't really care
as long as there is no significant impact on the system, so I am turning
to you all for a little advice.
Thanks in advance.
Ray Dzek
Network Operations / Helpdesk Supervisor
Specialized Bicycle Components