Outlook/Exchange 2K

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <elanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:14:29 -0800

I have 1 server, W2K Advvanced with E2K Enterprise Edition.  It's on a 10/100
switch with a W98 client.  I installed Outlook 2002.  When I launch Outlook, it
comes back saying "Your MS Exchange Server is unavailable."  I then select
"Retry" and it pauses at the splash screen then comes up with Outlook.  Then I
get a box appear that says it's request data from an Exchange Server....  It
loads with all the email and such.  But I remeber way back when on 5.5 this
didn't happen, open Outlook and voila all workie.  There is a firewall on the
switch...but the traffic should be just on the switch, nothing going over the
Internet.  The firewall is configured to all any Outbound traffic to open a
port and keep it open till the Fin command is sent.  Ideas?