Outlook2K Downloading Multiple Copies of E-mails from Exchange 5. 5 SP4

  • From: "Silva, Edward" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:49:26 -0700

Good morning,
Something odd is happening with a user on a laptop. When outside the office,
using a connection at a different company, his laptop's mail client (Outlook
2000 I believe) started downloading multiple copies of a number of e-mails
from the Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. I checked his account on the server and
there are no duplicates.

What could cause this miscommunication between client and server? I believe
an unstable network connection can cause the mail client to tell the mail
server to resend, but is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks,
Edward

Edward Silva
Senior Systems Engineer