[ExchangeList] Re: Outlook unable to logon to Exchange

  • From: SHINE <shineace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:15:39 +0530

Hi,

It is always advisable that Outlook users be connected to the same domain as that of the Exchange server. Is there any specific reason why outlook is not in the same domain? In your case you may have to configure outlook authentication properly for it to work properly in this scenario.

Regards,
Shine

On 5/23/06, Sture Lygren <sture@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi,

Situation:

We have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server on a Windows 2003 server
acting as PDC (not an ideal solution I know, but beeing a small org I
guess the server will handle the load just fine).

Problem:

Outlook clients cannot connect to the exchange server if the machine is
not part of the domain housing the exchange server.

Is there a smart fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Sture
--