Outlook searching wrong server

  • From: "White, Piers" <pwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:39:01 -0500

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone has found this problem before. I am in a London
office with our headquarters in Washington DC. We have a Global catalog
server in the London office. In DC we have 2 Exchange 2000 SP2 servers
running on Win2K SP2 servers. Outlook clients are 2000 or XP. The 2
offices are connected via a Cisco Concentrator VPN.

People in the London office are getting the "Requesting data from the
Microsoft Exchange server" box but the server name in the box is one of
our 2 DC's and have nothing to do with Exchange. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
Piers