[ExchangeList] Outlook receiving but not sending on one computer, OK on another

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:30:03 -0400

Hi,

I have a strange issue with one user.  I have Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, latest service packs and updates.  One user has a workstation and a laptop (2 computers).  Both connect via RPC/HTTP across the public Internet.  Both are configured identically for Outlook (same profile and account).  On the desktop computer he is able to receive and send emails just fine.  On the notebook, ON THE EXACT SAME NETWORK SEGMENT, he can receive email but when he tries to send email, it just sits there in the Outbox and does not get sent.  Apparently the notebook was working just fine, then quit sending today all of a sudden for no obvious reason.

Any clues what I should look for?

TIA!

JW