RE:Outlook problems?

  • From: "Jason Toews" <jasont@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:17:42 -0500

I have a strange problem with Exchange. We're running Exchange 2000 sp2 on a
windows 2000 DC with sp2. And we have a novell 4.11 to 5.1 network. When I
first made profiles to connect to the mail server the startup times were
slower, about 20-30 seconds on a adsl internet connection. With the modified
hosts file - IP address and host name of our mail server, the startup time
decreased to 3 seconds to startup. I also changed the bindings in the registry
to have IP first in the binding order. However in a couple of our networks it's
suddenly taking 30-40 seconds to startup Outlook after the login. One other
thing, from the networks I'm having this problem with,  I can't connect with
terminal services using the ip address of the exchange box however I can
connect with the dns name. (mail.***.ca) for example.
Thanks in Advance.