Outlook on Exchange

  • From: "Stelley, Douglas" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:20:49 -0500

Morning all,
        I've read lately how "unwise" it is to have Outlook installed on
the exchange servers. I had been using it that way for a couple of years
but I bow to the wisdom of the true experts in this field.
        But one thing I haven't found the answer to. If I simply
uninstall Office (2003) from the server,
(win2003/Exchange2003/domain2003), will Exchange replace the files
Office had overwritten?
        I'm not sure what all but it has to do with MAPI and the
different version Outlook uses vs. Exchange.

Anyhow, I guess the real question is, Can I safely uninstall Office? Or
will I have to replace files from Exchange afterwards?

Doug

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.