Outlook not refreshing to show new messages :-(

  • From: "Kulwinder Jutla" <KJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:12:24 -0700

In our environment, we have exchange5.5 on WindowsNT4.0.  we have a client
running Windows 2000 Professional SR-1.  The problem he gets is a strange
one and sods law he is a director.

When he sends a message, the message gets to the recipient but still shows
in his outbox until he clicks on one of the other folders( i.e.
contacts/notes etc) and he wont see any messages appear in his inbox then
after afew minutes he will get a load of them or when he touches one of
the other folders - then he will see a load flow through.

Basically looks like outlook isnt refreshing itself.

I have created a new profile and its ok - his profile on a new PC works
fine.  MTA on the server is ok.  I am struggling to see what else to do.

I would appreciate any assistance on this.