RE: Outlook: keeping emails on the server

  • From: "Bob Fronk" <bfronk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:08:47 -0500

No offense Mike, but you really need to do some reading.

Everything you ask is very doable and are core functions of Exchange.
You don't need anything but Exchange and Outlook.

I will give you one hint... Don't use PSTs.  Change the default location
of mail delivery to the user's mailbox.  You will have to import the
PSTs back to the mailboxes.  Share calendars via Public folders.  Share
contact lists via the GAL and public folders.

Also, you don't say how your users are connecting, but you cannot do
this via POP3/SMTP.