Re: Outlook: keeping emails on the server

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:04:42 -0500

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:56:43 -0500 (EST), A. M. Salim
<msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Hi,
>
> This might be a simple question but I have not been able to find a way to
> do this:
>
> a) How to keep everything on the server so incoming messages stay on the
> server, as well as sent mails so the user can see all their email
> (incoming, sent) whether they are in their office or on the road with OWA
>
> b) How to keep Calendars on the server as well, and shared between users
> on the server so users can see each other's calendars or better yet, have
> a common merged calendar.  Is this possible with standard Exchange 2003
> and Outlook 2003 out of the box, or is it necessary to purchase additional
> software to do this (I know there is software to do this, I want to know
> how to do it out of the box).
>
> c) How to keep contact lists and address lists on the server so they can
> be shared between users, and managed by users as well so the system admin
> does not have to keep adding/deleting entries in GALs, CLs or ALs.  Again,
> can this be
> done in standard Outlook 2003?

Yes. Exchange will enable you to do all these things. However, please
at least purchase a book on Exchange if you are going to be
administering it.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/ex2003intro.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/default.mspx
http://www.msexchange.org

The more you read on Exchange, the better off your will be.

...D