Outlook: keeping emails on the server

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:56:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

This might be a simple question but I have not been able to find a way to
do this:

a) How to keep everything on the server so incoming messages stay on the
server, as well as sent mails so the user can see all their email
(incoming, sent) whether they are in their office or on the road with OWA

b) How to keep Calendars on the server as well, and shared between users
on the server so users can see each other's calendars or better yet, have
a common merged calendar.  Is this possible with standard Exchange 2003
and Outlook 2003 out of the box, or is it necessary to purchase additional
software to do this (I know there is software to do this, I want to know
how to do it out of the box).

c) How to keep contact lists and address lists on the server so they can
be shared between users, and managed by users as well so the system admin
does not have to keep adding/deleting entries in GALs, CLs or ALs.  Again,
can this be
done in standard Outlook 2003?

TIA!

Mike.