[ExchangeList] Outlook crashes

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 05:20:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

For some users outlook 2003 crashes with event id 1000 source Microsoft Office 11. This started happening from last week. Last week I did run a exchange best practice tool and followed some steps as suggested by tool, one of them is boot.ini settings. I just added this ? /3Gb /USERVA=3030? in boot.ini.

Now for some users whenever they open outlook , it stays for some time and when they click on some mailbox folders on the server, it crashes. I observed that  this was happening for users on the same database, so I restarted the specific store. The problem resolved, but now another user from different store is having the same issue, I did the same, but this is not solving the issue. I have even tried un-install and install of outlook / msoffice, reconfiguring profile, but no use.

I never faced this kind of problem is past two years, recently I built a new exchange three node cluster in a new domain and migrated the mailboxes to that domain. I use a IP SAN for storage, exchange 2003 sp2 , windows 2003 sp1. I have around 3000 ids on two virtual exchange servers.

Can some one help on this please.

Regards
Praveen R

The fish are biting.