RE: Outlook connection with MAPI to front-end server

  • From: "James Lilly" <LillyJ@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:16:22 -0500

Direct MAPI will not work.  I have not tested whether or not it just fails, or
if it is smart enough to try and redirect the client to their back-end server.
:)

The RPC over HTTP does work, so if you are wedded to Outlook connecting to your
front-end server via the Internet, you'll need to dig in and troubleshoot RPC
over HTTP (hopefully https, but that's just adding an SSL cert to the virtual
directory).

If we can help with the RPC over HTTP, let us know.

James