Outlook connection with MAPI to front-end server

  • From: Frédéric Giroux <fgiroux@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:40:53 -0500

Hi!

I am having a problem connecting with Outlook (MAPI) to front-end servers. It
can not resolve the username. There is no firewall between the front-end and
back-end servers (the front-end servers are used for load balancing).

I can connect to the front-end servers using POP or OWA no problem. Just does
not work with MAPI.

I have not done any registry changes regarding ports since there is no
firewall. Maybe I am in error and I must configure the registry to map the
ports?

The back-end server IS NOT a DC.

Any insight would be very appreciated :-)

Fred

Frederic Giroux, technical director
Niveau3 Inc.
IT consultants