RE: Outlook connection problem

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:15:56 -0500

When setting up the profile in Outlook while logged into 'Domain A', you can
select 'prompt for user name and password' when opening the profile. This
will allow you to provide the credentials of 'Domain B' where the mailbox is
located and access the mailbbox.  This solution is assuming that you are
physically connected to a network infrastructure that provides access to
'Domain B'.

Be aware that this profile in 'Domain B' will require its own profile....
UNLESS there is a trust between the two domains, then you can have the
Exchange admin give your account in 'Domain A' permissions to the mailbox.
This way you will not have to prompt for security credentials.