[ExchangeList] Re: Outlook automaticlly accepts meeting request

  • From: "Asbell, Sally M" <SASBELL1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:45:26 -0600

Soon after a meeting request arrives in the Inbox, a piece of Outlook
code - nicknamed the "sniffer" - automatically adds the meeting to the
calendar and marks it as tentative. This is a fail-safe to keep you from
missing the meeting in case you don't see the request in your Inbox.
However, the sniffer doesn't reply to the meeting organizer. You still
need to do that by accepting, accepting as tentative, or declining the