RE: Outlook XP.... retry

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 18:28:03 -0700

Next time search the MS KB.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287532

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

Engineer/Consultant

eServices For You

www.eservicesforyou.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David Liles [mailto:dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 6:19 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Outlook XP.... retry

http://www.MSExchange.org/

I am trying to configure Outlook XP to indicate that the outgoing mail
server requires authentication. I know this is a setting that can be
configured in Outlook Express, but I do not know where or how to configure
this setting in Outlook XP.

I have an email domain configured in DNS with the necessary host and MX
records. On the exchange server I have configured the recipient policy.
There is currently only one user set to use the newly created email domain.
The user is able to receive email without incident but when ever they
attempt to send or reply to emails they receive the following error reply: