Outlook Web Access - License

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:59:20 -0300

Hello everyone.

I am going to install an OWA in a W2K Server. I have two sites in my
Exchange Organization, using Exchange Server 5.5 and NT 4.0 and a I have a
couple of server, some of then Exchange Standard Edition and some others
Enterprise Edition.

I heard I will have to install one OWA server per site, and I even heard I
will have to install one OWA server per server ?! And I also heard I will
have to install OWA using a Exchange Server Enterprise Edition (much more
expensive).

Can anyone help me with this issue? I know I can access whatever mailbox
with only one OWA, no matter which site it belongs but, I am kind of
confused about licenses.

Thanks

Deniz Feital