RE: Outlook Web Access 2003

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:16:41 -0500

Amy,

   I am working on my Exchange 2003 NLB OWA servers today and read an
excerpt on this exact issue...   Below I have copied word for word the
manual's take on OWA and SMTP relay on the same FE:

"There are essentially two types of Front-End servers.  They are the
SMTP Gateway (HUB) servers or the Client Access Front-End servers.
Because of certain functionality conflicts SMTP gateways should be
configured independently from all other front-end server
configurations."

    Note that this statement does not say it can not be done, but rather
you could end up with headaches.  Anyone out there with real world
advice?

Regards,
Chris