RE: Outlook Web Access 2003

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:16:41 -0500

   I am working on my Exchange 2003 NLB OWA servers today and read an
excerpt on this exact issue...   Below I have copied word for word the
manual's take on OWA and SMTP relay on the same FE:

"There are essentially two types of Front-End servers.  They are the
SMTP Gateway (HUB) servers or the Client Access Front-End servers.
Because of certain functionality conflicts SMTP gateways should be
configured independently from all other front-end server

    Note that this statement does not say it can not be done, but rather
you could end up with headaches.  Anyone out there with real world