RE: Outlook Rules Errors

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:06:50 -0400

How large is the PST file ?

-----Original Message-----
From: randy.maddocks@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:randy.maddocks@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 12:13 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Outlook Rules Errors

Hello, I have some Windows 2000 workstations running Outlook 98 and on a
couple of those workstations we keep getting these "Rules in Error"
messages (in the error itself the message reads "MoveCopy unable to
dest msg"). We have tried deleting and recreating the user's rules,
the Personal Folder PST file to their C: drive and then reactivating the
rules based on the new location of the PST file. I also ran an MDBVU
utility from Microsoft, which allows me to remove corrupted header and
body information contained within the Inbox (such as corrupt rules). But
the errors persist. The user restarts their PC and all is well, for
awhile. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks.

List Archives:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
Windows Security Resource Site:
Network Security Library: