RE: Outlook Question

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:31:19 +0100

Try these steps:

Step 1: Removing the temp files

====================

Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools menu->Internet Options->General tab.

Please click the Delete Cookies, Delete Files and Clear History buttons
separately.

Click the Ok to exit.

Step 2: Reregistering the Url

====================

1.         Click Start, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.

2.         Double-click to open Internet Options.

3.         On the Programs tab, ensure that "Internet Explorer should
check to see whether it is the default browser" is enabled.

4.         Click "Reset Web Settings".

5.         In the "Reset Web Settings" dialog box, click to clear the
"Also reset my home page" check box.

6.         Click Yes, click OK, and then click OK again to apply the
settings and close the dialog boxes.

7.         Click Start, and then click Run.

8.         In the Run dialog type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the
quotation marks), and then click OK.

9.         Click OK to acknowledge the success of the Urlmon.dll
registration.

Step 3: Associating the program

======================

1.         Start computer and click "Start"-->"Find".

2.         Type "IEXPLORE.EXE" in the "Find a file" box.

3.         After we find its path, please write it down. For example, on
my computer, the "IEXPLORE.EXE" is in "c:\program files\internet
explorer\iexplore.exe".

4.         Close any Web Browsers that may be running.

5.         Open Windows Explorer and click "View"-->"Folder
Options"-->"File Types"

6.         Select "URL: HyperText Transfer Protocol", and click the
"Edit" button.

7.         Under "Actions" box, select the "open" item, and click the
"Edit" button.

8.         In the "Application used to perform action:" box, click the
"Browse" button, and locate the Browser that you want to launch. Here,
we need navigate to "c:\program files\internet explorer" and select the
"iexplore.exe".

9.         After click "OK" and close the Windows Explorer, please start
Outlook again and test the Web link.

Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Services Organisation
Desk:   +44 (0)118 909 5630
Mobile: +44 (0)7966 858108
MSN IM: markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.microsoft.com/support

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on
the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do
not open any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above)
immediately. Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you
are a customer of Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions
which cover the provision of support and consulting services to you/your
organization. If you are not corresponding in the course of, or in
connection with a Microsoft contract or program with its own terms and
conditions, please note that no liability is accepted by Microsoft for
the contents of this mail.