Re: Outlook Live??

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchange List <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:47:17 -0500

Maybe I'm being obtuse - I also don't see what my 'obvious location' has to
do with the fact that you can automate the setup of RPC/HTTP for your
clients using a script.

So my question remains: precisely what part of this functionality do you
find lacking in RPC/HTTP?  Is it the ease of setup?

Saying you "made your point very clear" doesn't mean it was clearly
understood.

You say it would provide a safe secure way to allow clients to setup - I'm
not sure what your security concerns are, can you highlight them, and why
you think this functionality helps them? Why would  an automation script to
build your users' Outlook profiles would be less so?

I suspect I am misunderstanding - the thing is as I see it, Outlook Live is
quite dependant on the back end servers you're going to be pointing your
clients to - Microsoft could build this function because they knew precisely
where they would be going.  Similar settings can easily be done using a PRF
file.  Are you really asking for a wizard-like interface to create a
profile-building script?  Also, that little video doesn't really detail any
of the mechanisms for these functions - so we can't be sure RPC is used at
all.

And finally, you're right, I am in North America, sunny Florida to be
precise.  I ask again why that has anything to do with my reply?