Outlook Client/Security

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <elanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:28:26 -0800

Thought I'd throw this out again and see if I get any bites.

I have E2K running on my only DC.  The DC is forced to 100 Full Duplex which
connects to a NetGear 10/100 switch.  The clients are W98 and are also forced
to 100 Full Duplex and connect to the same switch.  When on the client PC, I
launch Outlook 2002.  It comes back saying "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is
Unavailable."  I then select retry and it does connect to the E2K server.  Then
I get a box that says it's requesting data from an Exchange Server.  Outlook
then appears and freezes while that same message appears yet again.  Once it's
done communicating with the E2K server for a second time, all works, no
problems.   I can use the UNC path and connect to the DC's shares, so I don't
think it's related to communication.  Though I could be wrong.  Any suggestions
or where to look?  I didn't see anything that related to this problem on the MS
TechNet.

Does anyone have the default or recommended Access setting for IMAP, POP3,
SMTP?

TIA.

eric