[ExchangeList] Re: Outlook 2007 prompting for password every time?

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:58:07 -0700 (PDT)

I am sure you would have got a fix for this by now.  We had this issue two days
back and looks like it is resolved after making e2k7 responsible for OAB and
enabling it through OWA.
We are moving from e2k3 to e2k7. As a first step we moved from FE to CAS. So
OAB was not available via CAS, hence even after connecting to server it used to
pop up for authentication, this could be for OAB. Still some questions are
unanswered because of inconsistent feedback during the investigation. So this
is still under observation.

How did you resolve this??

Regards
Praveen R

Date:                     1/29/2008
Time:                     7:51:54 AM
User:                     N/A
The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server
host/.  The target name used was . This indicates that the password used to
encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target
server. Commonly, this is due to identically named  machine accounts in the
target realm and the client realm.   Please contact your system administrator.
 check for :
netmon capture is started but before you attempt to access the server:
- flush Kerberos tickets of the user using the command "klist purge" (Klist is
available in the Resource Kit)
- flush the DNS name cache using "ipconfig /flushdns"
- flush the NetBIOS name cache using "nbtstat -R"

What James has also told it is a good option to try for fixing the issue....
 I hope this helps.....

Regards,

Jatin Kakkar

From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 9:48 PM

This is a simple fix.   Google finds it in just a few secs…  Answer is below.

In Outlook, select Tools, Account Settings, double click ‘Microsoft Exchange’,
More Settings (button), select the Security tab, uncheck “Always Prompt for
Logon Credentials”.