Outlook 2003 - slow to receive mail

  • From: "Kelli Irwin" <kelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:25:33 -0500

Hi All,

I am running Exchange 2000.  I have a small network that is running some
XP/Outlook 2003 and some 2000/Outlook 2000 workstations.  Outlook works fine on
them all.  But one workstation, running XP/Outlook 2003 is very slow to receive
mail.  Every other workstation on the network will receive an email almost
instantly if I send it from another workstation.  This one delays anywhere from
45 seconds to a minute before the email appears in the inbox.  During that
waiting time if I click on "Send/Receive" it will appear immediately.  I'm
assuming I have some parameter set wrong but I can't seem to find it.  Has
anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Kelli in Ohio