Outlook 2003 PST and Exmerge for Exchange 2003

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:32:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I have been told that PST files exported from an Outlook 2003 client
cannot be imported into an Exchange 2003 server using Exmerge (apparently
because Micorosft changed the PST file format in Outlook 2003 but did not
update the Exmerge utility in Exchange 2003 correspondingly).

Is this indeed the case, and is there a work around?  The PST file I need
to import is rather large (3GB+), and the workstation and server are not
proximal to one another, i.e. are separated by 2000 miles.

Mike