RE: Outlook 2002 Slow Responding Problems-how abou t exchange 5.5?

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:10:39 -0500

Not 5.5.  It's a client setting.  If you have the same client configured the
same way, you need to choose the same settings.

If you're getting slow response times, there's plenty of places to
troubleshoot this both on the client and the server.  Start with the
easiest, the client and work from there.  You want to identify the problem
in it's entirety (does it happen to only one, to many, to all, only at
certain times, etc?), identify a reasonable course of action, and test your
theories.  Check the configurations of those affected and verify that
there's nothing set incorrectly (i.e. a transport they shouldn't be using
etc).  If the clients check out clean and the problem is for all users, then
you need to look at the server to see where your problem is.

Al

  _____