Outlook 2000 + Windows 2000: Outlook not shutting down properly

  • From: "Lacaille, Michael" <MLacaille@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:21:52 -0400

I have Outlook 2000. When I shut down Outlook, the service
is still running in Task Manager. I have to manually shut down
the OUTLOOK.EXE and MAPISP32.exe.

The OS is Windows 2000 all patched up. I also have Symantec Corporate
Edition I tried searching Outlook KD as well as Symantec's,
but found nothing. I found a similar issue with someone who had a
of Win98 + Outlook 2000 + WinFax Pro. But the issue was with the Symantec

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Michael Lacaille

Field Engineer
Superior Consultant Company
860.224.5900 x4370
Confidentiality Notice:
        This E-mail message including any attachments are for the sole use
the intended recipient and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure and / or distribution is
sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message.