Outlook 2000 Calendaring

  • From: "Lacaille, Michael" <MLacaille@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:46:16 -0400

I have three questions regarding Free/Busy schedule settings in Outlook 2000
(Exchange 5.5)

I have approx. 1,100 users. The default setting for publishing Free/Busy
schedule is
2 months. What seems to be the industry standard for this? Is it left at 2
months, or is
it increased?

What would be the implications to the network, server, and client
workstations if it were to be
increased to 6 months? What if this was done globally?

If this was to be globally modified through the entire organization, I would
put a "push"
package together and send it on the network. Does anyone know the Registry
setting that
I need to adjust to change the setting for the Free/Busy info to be
published from 2 months to
6 months?

Michael Lacaille
Systems Consultant