RE: Outbound email Exchange 2000

  • From: "Larry Rogers" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:46:59 -0700

I have the two servers.  One server has Back Office Sever and Exchange
5.5 installed, the other server has Small Business Server with Exchange
2000 installed.  They both are on the same T1 for internet and email
purposes.  They have different computer names and different domain
names.  The problem I have is that both servers have as
the domain name for email purposes.  There are no users that are users
on both servers.  One is for customer service and one is for the sales
department.  We can currently send email from the old (Exchange 5.5)
customer service  server to the new (Exchange 2000) sales server, but
not the other direction.  If we attempt to send to from
the sales server, it never gets delivered, I am assuming because
Exchange can't find a match for the address it drop its or stores it
somewhere, I am definitely not an Exchange expert.