RE: Outbound email Exchange 2000

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:22:51 -0400

The only way to do this would be to have another email address for this
user at the second company such as user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx , and configure
forwarding of all his emails to this new address. There is no way the
user can have the same email address in two different distinct email
servers which are not interconnected. All emails addressed to  will be routed back to your own email server from the
Internet. So, if the second company has internet mail connectivity, but
not connected to your Exchange server organization, then the second
company needs to use a different address space. Give some more details
as to how your email service is being hosted. DO you use DNS, SMTP
relay, or do you use catch all with POP3?