RE: Out Source Spam Solutions

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:36:57 -0800

Search the archives.

Challenge/Response creates Spam by sending challenges to forged addresses.
Challenge/Response creates problems for auto notifications.
Challenge/Response are easily circumvented by spammers, as they now how to
use them
Challenge/Response can be used to create a DOS attacks against some one. It
has been done many times already.

Remember people, if battles against spam could be won with such simplicity,
the war would be over already.

John T
eServices For You


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rich Tibbets [mailto:rtibbets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 11:58 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Out Source Spam Solutions
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Hey John,
> Would you mind explaining why, it may help my argument with the leader
> ship...
> 
> Any insight is appreciated...
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Rich Tibbets
> Network Administrator
> 302.734.1450
> rtibbets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: John T (Lists) [mailto:johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 2:36 PM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Out Source Spam Solutions
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> Don't walk, but run away from Challenge response software.
> 
> John T
> eServices For You
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Rich Tibbets [mailto:rtibbets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> > Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 10:38 AM
> > To: [ExchangeList]
> > Subject: [exchangelist] Out Source Spam Solutions
> >
> > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> >
> > We are currently evaluating an outsourced Product called Reflexion to
> add
> > another layer to are existing spam solution (Antigen) Antigen has done
> > well for us but our leadership deems even one false positive as an
> > issue... So the search is on...
> >
> > Reflexion sends the sender of an email a reply stating the email
> address
> > has changed and to use USER.xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxx Once sent the sender uses
> > this new address for any furture correspondence.
> >
> > I have heard of some solutions that will fire back an email message to
> the
> > sender stating if this is you plese reply back to this email. Once
> they do
> > this they get white listed..
> >
> > Can anybody reccomend a solution that does this? Also anybody that
> uses
> > reflexion your comments on the product would be useful as well...
> >
> > I tried google but must not be wording it correclty. Its been a long
> > week...
> >
> > Thanks for the help...Have a great weekend...
> >
> > Rich Tibbets
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > List Archives:
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> > http://www.techgenix.com
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List
> as:
> > johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > Report abuse to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:
> rtibbets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Visit TechGenix.com for more information about our other sites:
> http://www.techgenix.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSExchange.org Discussion List as:
> johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Other related posts: