Re: Organizer Field

  • From: "Deb" <deb.l.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:23:07 -0600

My gateway is set to convert users (from all the internal systems - no
just exhcange) mailbox name to their internet address. Not only do I not
want any of the internal hosts names and id's included in the headers, I
don't want to add another ID lookup in the aliases (list of valid users).
I've thought about changing the smtp address in exchange to the users
internet address, but I'm not sure what will happen when mail goes between
multiple exchange servers. My smtp gateway is external to exchange, and
actually resides outside the DMZ.  If exchange mail going server to server
has to go out to the smtp gateway, I don't want to change the exchange
smtp address. Using the organizer value must be new with exchange 2003,
because this problem did not exist with 5.5.

More ideas?????

Deb