Organizer Field

  • From: "Deb" <deb.l.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:31:20 -0600

I have a problem with external meeting notices. When one of my users sends
a notice out the network, the organizer field uses the SMTP address -
which in my system is the users mailbox, server, and domain name. We
convert this user name to first.m.last@xxxxxxxxxx when messages go out
(visa versa when they come in). This conversion is done on our gateway
server (non-Microsoft server).

External meeting replies are being bounced because the return address
(organizer field) is not a valid user address.

Does anyone know how to modify the organizer field? Because of my
environment, there's not the option to change the SMTP address in
Exchange. I have to find a solution for modifying the organizer field.