[ExchangeList] Re: Opening up port 443 (SSL) for iPhone

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:19:11 -0400

IIRC to get push mail you need to be running E2K7.  If not I think you'll need to use scheduled retrievals.  I think, anyhow.

In addition to opening the port you'll need to make sure RPC/HTTPS is enabled and flowing through any firewalls in between.  If you already have RPC/HTTP configured and running, you might want to just point at your FE server and see what happens.

Oh yeah, and I'm assuming you are using an SSL cert from a trusted root CA, if not there will be more hoops to jump through.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Maglinger, Paul <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Someone just dropped an iPhone off at my desk and wants it to be
configured to send and receive email just like our Blackberries (with a
BES server) so they can "test it" on Monday when they go out of town.

As I see it, the quick way to do this would be to open up port 443 (SSL)
on the firewall to our internal Exchange server.  Anyone see any
problems doing this, or does someone have a better suggestion?

Paul