Re: Open relay still exists after

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 19:11:58 -0600

Hi John,

Glad the article helped you out.

With regard to your second question:

The EDB file is home to your Outlook (MAPI) users. All the content is
for
MAPI clients are going to be stored in the EDB file. The STM file is
home to
your IMAIL clients (OWA, IMAP, POP3) and all their content is going to
be
stored in that file. Headers for all messages are stored in both files,
but
message bodies are promoted to MAPI (and therefore stored in EDB file)
when
an Outlook client requests the message. If you have a lot of IMAIL types
users, I would expect your STM file to be larger then the EDB file. And
the
reverse to be true for the more Outlook specific servers.

Hope this helps

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc