Re: Open Relay

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 16:12:49 +0100

Hi Edvaldo

Could be a problem in that your external SMTP mail server in OE will allow
you to receive POP3 but not submit SMTP as you aren't on their network and
hence your IP address is incorrect. This is a way of reducing spam and
address spoofing. I have exactly that problem here. I thus allowed only the
internal subnet to Relay and then specify our main mail server as the
outgoing SMTP server in OE and all is fine.

Hope that helps.

Bye for now.

Paul.