RE: Open Relay?

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:28:49 -0500

We do this exact same thing.  We restrict to an IP range so that we do not
have unwanted e-mail relayed off of our servers.  We too had a large influx
of calls, but hey - security over satisfying the whims of a few of the
The only way that we allow POP3 access is if the users connect via a VPN
(allows them to grab an allowed IP).
Perhaps your company has some sort of VPN connection for remote users as
well that will do the same trick.