Re:Online vs offline

  • From: "Tran Nhu Quang" <nhuquang.tran@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:16:49 +0700

Dear Experts,

I get confused at how do mail online and mail offline operate. We had
configured Exchange server 2K for operating as mail online before using mail
offline as now. Can you tell me the different between using mail online and
mail offline? I registered a mail box from my provider for using mail offline.
But I still want to use mail online and the other will be used as backup. It
means that when I have pbs with mail online, e.g. the leased-line is dropped,
then all of e-mails will be sent to my registered mailbox from ISP. And how can
we configure it run well? And can you tell me the advantages and disadvantage
of mail online and mail offline based on availability, security, reliability,
stability

Thanks and brgds