[ExchangeList] One click Outlook client setup

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:50:43 -0400

Hi,

I have a lot of Outlook 2003 and 2007 users with our Exchange server and to make my users' life easier, I was wondering if there is a way to let my newly provisioned users do a "one click" setup for creating a new profile etc. in their Outlook.

Once I have gathered all the server parameters, login info etc., is there something I can send them such as a script or command file recognized by Outlook, or maybe a link them to a pre-configured URL which will do everything for them to initialize a new profile for them?  Ideally I am looking to automate this as much as possible for the users.  I don't mind hand crafting the necessary file(s) or scripts at the server end if need be.

Any help would be appreciated.

JW