RE: OfflineDefrag: question regarding backups

  • From: Roger Mackenzie <r.mackenzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:52:44 +0100

Dan,

        I did this a very long time ago and stumbled into a problem that the
copy of very large files can appear to succeed but the files were truncated.
Granted this was on NT and that I did find a Windows 2000 article somewhere
that said (I think) use Xcopy, not an Explorer drag and drop.

        Just be very cautious that your copy is complete.

Regards, Roger Mackenzie (Glasgow University)